Interested in Becoming a Resource Parent?
Learn more and apply using the information and links below, or contact us at 215-203-8733 and press 1, and then 3 to be connected to our Recruitment Unit.
Individuals must meet the following criteria for consideration as a foster care parent.
If you meet these requirements and wish to complete an inquiry form:
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must complete a background check More Information on Background Checks
- You must have adequate space in your home for an additional child
- You must be able to provide transportation
- You must be free of communicable diseases and able to handle stress
- You must be successful in managing your own family life and finances
- You must possess patience and understanding for the needs of children
- Initial 6 hours of training to be completed at the agency for everyone 18 and older who resides in the home. Three hours of Child Protective Services Law Training (CPSL) must be completed by going to https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu/. An additional 15 hours of training for the prospective resource parents will also be completed. More information
- Gather copies of homeowner's or renter's insurance, deed/mortgage payments or lease, drivers license, car insurance and registration as well as copy of last year's W2 and pet vaccinations.
- Preliminary home study of your home where the recruiter will come to your home and inspect for safety requirements and space
- Your doctor must complete a health statement from our agency
- When all paperwork is completed and the home is ready the recruiter will come to your home again to re-inspect and finalize the process
Rising Sun Office
The Rising Sun Office covers Philadelphia as well as Bucks county and parts of Montgomery County
The Swarthmore Office covers Philadelphia as well as Delaware County and parts of Montgomery County